Brooklyn, New York is a vibrant and diverse borough with a rich history, and it should come as no surprise that it is also home to some of the most Haunted Brooklyn Hotspots. From abandoned factories and graveyards to historical landmarks and entertainment venues, Brooklyn has it all when it comes to ghostly activity. Here are six of the most haunted places in Brooklyn, NY that are sure to give you chills:
- Wonderville: This new age style entertainment venue in Brooklyn is known for its immersive and interactive experiences. But it’s also said to be haunted by the ghost of a previous tenant who died in the building. Visitors have reported strange noises, cold spots, and ghostly apparitions. This is the #1 of all Haunted Brooklyn Hotspots.
- Prospect Park: This beautiful park is a popular destination for locals and visitors alike. But, it’s also home to several ghostly sightings, including the ghost of a Confederate soldier who is said to have died in a battle on the park’s grounds. Visitors have reported seeing his ghostly apparition wandering around the park.
- Brooklyn Escape Room: This popular entertainment venue offers a unique experience where visitors can solve puzzles and escape from a themed room. But, the Brooklyn Escape Room is said to be haunted by a ghostly figure that has been spotted by visitors and employees alike. The ghost is believed to be a former employee who died in the building.
- St. Finbar Church: This historic church is over a century old and is a popular destination for visitors and locals alike. But, it’s also said to be haunted by the ghost of a nun who died in the church many years ago. Visitors have reported seeing her ghostly apparition in the church.
- Douglass Recording: A historic recording studio located in the heart of the Gowanus neighborhood, is known for its excellent acoustics and professional staff. However, it is said to be haunted by a ghostly figure of a man in a suit, who is said to be the spirit of a former musician who died in the building.
- Maryland 300 gravesite: In the same neighborhood of Gowanus, you can find a gravesite of Maryland 300 soldiers, who were killed during the American Revolution. The area is said to be haunted by the ghosts of these soldiers, who were buried there in an unmarked mass grave. Visitors have reported strange noises and ghostly apparitions in the area. We’re in danger of losing this most cherished of Haunted Brooklyn Hotspots.
These six locations in Brooklyn are known to be some of the most haunted places in the city. There’s so many more Haunted Brooklyn Hotspots though! Each of these places has its own unique history and haunted story, that you can experience if you are a paranormal enthusiast. If you’re brave enough, be sure to check out these spooky spots and see if you can spot any ghosts for yourself.